Forbes List of America's Best Employers 2018
Do you have at least 1 year of electrical experience in commercial or industrial environments? If so, then move forward with us! At NJ TRANSIT, you will join us in transforming the third-largest transportation agency in North America. We are committed to delivering safe and reliable service that transports our customers to their destinations on time—and interested in hiring skilled individuals with a passion for learning to make it all possible.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Install, services and repairs electrical panels, wiring, lighting and fixtures as well as specialized electrical equipment and machinery.
- Experience with programming, PLCs, VFDs, industrial Ethernet, digital and 4-20ma controls along with a broad knowledge of industrial electrical systems and power distribution.
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Replace defective air filters, solid state control boards, Freon, relays and pressure switches in HVAC system.
- Locate defective motor components using proper test equipment (meters).
- Perform safety control tests on doors, Cab Signal System, and braking systems.
- Replace defective pressure switches and micros switches in air brake system.
- Maintain and repair any electrical components on gear pullers, presses and crane motors.
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools.
- Must be able to pass NJ Transit’s Electrician Aptitude Test
- Must be knowledgeable in OHMS laws, instrumentation, digital circuits, communication, computers
- Must understand high voltage systems, grounding systems, fuses, and transformer maintenance
- Must have working knowledge of basic electrical tools such as multi-meter, voltage tester, etc.
- Must be able to reads electrical circuit diagrams and electrical blueprints
- Must have experience with control valves, transmitters and PLC
- Must successfully pass background, drug screening and physical
- Valid Driver’s License and High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally
- Ability to stoop, bend, crawl, balance, climb, kneel
- Ability to be exposed to equipment that intensifies the heat factor on an occasional basis
- Ability to wear protective equipment such as hardhat, safety glasses, and safety-toe boots
WHAT WE OFFER
- Previous experience in installation, repair and troubleshooting of commercial or industrial electrical wiring,
- Previous military experience with repair heavy-duty repair experience (airplanes, ships, steel mills, etc.)
- Trade school, electrical, diesel mechanical maintenance, and/or technical experience
At NJ Transit we support and depend upon the diversity of our staff. NJ TRANSIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Advancement Opportunities
- Comprehensive Family Health Insurance - Prescription, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Leave
- Paid Time Off (personal, sick, and vacation days)
- 401(a) Retirement Plan - up to 5% match
- Wage Progression
- Railroad Retirement Benefits (RRB)