- NJ |
- Jobs |
- Plant Maintenance Technician, Tinton Falls, NJ REQ #MPS247555
Plant Maintenance Technician, Tinton Falls, NJ REQ #MPS247555
Job Summary The Plant Maintenance Technician is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the operation of all plant systems and equipment. Including but not limited to balers, conveyor belts, gearboxes, electrical motors, pulleys, shafts and bearings. This position must respond to all system failures by taking appropriate corrective action by completing or assigning the repairs needed to ensure that systems are operational and are functioning safely and efficiently. This position reports to the Plant Maintenance Manager, may differ by site. Essential Duties and Responsibilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
Supervisory Responsibilities This job has no supervisory duties.Qualifications The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Performs repairs in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules and OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) requirements.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspection (PM); diagnose, repair, and rebuild major equipment/components including but not limited to balers, conveyors, hydraulic power packs, eddy currents, electro-magnetic belts, optical sorters, diverters, compressors, trash compactors, motors, glass breakers, wire tie systems, fans, pumps, forklifts, front-end loaders and building equipment.
- Maintains DEI (Daily Equipment Inspections) backlog.
- Establishes and adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules and advises Sr. Plant Maintenance Manager if additional work is needed, or cannot be completed within the Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Inspects the quality of third party repairs and or rebuilds.
- Recommends measures to improve production, equipment performance and product quality
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Ability to perform under limited supervision.
- Requires a flexible work schedule, which may include nights and weekends to support operating schedule and the needs of the facility.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
A. Education and Experience Required: Two years experience B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements None required. C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
- Have knowledge of single and three phase electrical systems.
- Have knowledge of electrical control systems.
- Have knowledge of hydraulic systems.
- Have knowledge of pneumatic systems, including air compressors.
- Safely operates tools and equipment needed during the repair and servicing of equipment.
- Diagnose defects and repair a variety of equipment and vehicles