AdvanTech Corporation (a division of JMP Engineering) is a 30 yr old, thriving business (with 20+ employees), providing Instrumentation, Facility wide Controls Systems, Automation SOLUTIONS, PLCs, SCADA, (including Control Panel construction) and network communication integration. We employ process control, electrical, mechanical, instrumentation engineers for the implementation of our projects.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Medical Benefits
- RRSP/401k Matching
- Christmas and Summer Profit Sharing
- Professional Designations Reimbursement
- Fitness Subsidy Reimbursement
- Tool and Boot Allowance
- Employee Referral Bonus
Intermediate to Senior APPLICATIONS ENGINEER for in-house estimates and proposal development.
- Work primarily with the Sales Manager on “in-house” sales opportunities.
- Interpretation and analysis of pre-engineered construction plans and technical specifications.
- Complete proposal development including price estimates and detailed technical scopes.
- Client communication for customized technical solutions, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Interaction with Vendors (i.e. Siemens, Allen-Bradley, Emerson, Schneider, ABB, GE, Cisco) for RFQs, continued education on cutting edge technology and solutions, accuracy, customized solutions and competitive negotiations.
- Site visits to pre-bid meetings and site walk-throughs.
Competencies: Skills, Knowledge, Experiences
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- Ability to interpret technical specifications and construction plans/drawings/diagrams.
- 3 years or more of experience as a high-performing associate in an engineering-related company.
- Familiarity with the public/ competitive open bid construction industry (i.e. contractor, subcontractor, vendor, for industrial/government/municipal construction projects).
- Proficient technical writing with the ability of developing and writing proposals from specification to final negotiations.
- Knowledge of the industry of control systems, networking and instrumentation.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment while effectively managing time and keeping organized.
At Advantech Corporation (a division of JMP Engineering) we invest in our employees, provide a very challenging work environment and believe in treating all employees with respect and providing equitable compensation. We empower our employees to use their creativity and problem solving skills daily. We have a solid performance management system and a supportive leadership team to help us achieve our personal and corporate objectives.